Have you ever wondered if it’s possible to lose weight without dieting or doing exercises? If you are reading this article, chances are, you have been searching for an easy weight loss solution that involves or required very little effort on your part.
Therefore let’s dive into it.!!!!!!!
The truth is it is possible to lose weight without exercise and diet. It’s all possible by putting yourself into a caloric deficit. The secret to weight loss starts in the kitchen, Here are some tips on how to proceed.
- Go to sleep early
Studies have shown that while we drift away in our sleep, this is when we have a big appetite. Being tired or sleep-deprived produces more ghrelin, a hormone that stimulates your appetite.
Therefore it is advisable that you dim the lights and turn off your phone as blue light can interfere with your sleep. When you dim the lights, your body starts producing melatonin the sleepy hormone Which should help you fall asleep easier.
- Do not add sugar to your tea and coffee
Tea and coffee are the world’s most popular beverages and popular in most cultures. Therefore, when you serve tea or coffee, take it without sugar and switch to non-dairy milk such as almond milk or skimmed milk.
- Drink plenty of water
You have heard this plenty of times from doctors and other health practitioners. Drink water when you feel hungry will decrease urges to tea thus reducing your daily calorie intake.
- Eat healthy snacks
If you are hungry in between meals, try to eat some healthy snacks. Studies have shown that when you starve yourself, your body goes into starvation mode and holds on to the fat increasing your hunger hormone and increasing your hunger for your next meal.
If you have the habit of indulging in eating loads of unhealthy snacks, now it is time to make a healthy switch. Pack your kitchen with some healthy alternatives. Eat more nuts, such as almonds, cashews, fruits and veggies, rice cakes, etc…
- Have at least one meal with only veggies per day
Being in a caloric deficit will trigger your body to enter a caloric deficit state.
- Cut out on sugary foods and drink
Sugar is the biggest culprit to weight gain. The sight of cakes sweet confectionaries can feel like falling in love. There’s something about sugar that hooks us and keeps reeling us in again and again. Whether we like it or not sugar has a major hold on us. Therefore, avoid these at all costs and eat fruits rather.
- Mindful eating
Another science-backed way to burn fat fast is to eat mindfully. To practice mindful eating, you are paying close attention to how you are eating. You get to enjoy your food more and chew it better to get more nutrients.
Some ways you can practice mindful eating include the following:
• Sit down and eat at a table. Become aware of the food you are eating and enjoy it!
• Get rid of any distractions while you are eating. That means no watching television, using your computer, or going on your phone.
• Eat slower. Take your time when you are chewing your food. Savor the flavors. The stomach gets full before the brain registers that it is full. Eating slower lets you stay in sync with your stomach.
• Eat satisfying foods. When you avoid eating food with empty calories and opt for options that are filled with helpful nutrients, you satisfy your hunger for much longer.
- Intermittent fasting
One of the most popular ways to lose weight in a week is by intermittent fasting. The way this works is that you take part in brief outright fasts, or you significantly reduce your calories. Studies have been finding that when you intermittent fast for up to around six months, you will achieve incredible weight loss.
There are three popular intermittent fasting methods. These are:
• Alternate Day Fasting – You only do a complete fast every other day.
• 5:2 Fasting – You are fasting two days out of the week, but still get to eat around 500 calories on your fasting days.
• 16:8 Fasting – You are fasting for 16 hours, which leaves just an eight-hour eating window. Generally, this window is open from 12 PM – 8 PM.
- Eat More Fiber
Dietary fiber usually comes from carbs that are found in carbs. These are impossible to get digested in your small intestine given how tough they are, which contrasts with refined sugars and carbs. When you eat more fiber, you will feel full faster, which is great if you want to know how to lose weight in a week or so.
Some examples of foods that have a lot of fiber are the following:
• Whole-grain bread
• Whole wheat pasts
The bottom line is You don’t have to starve yourself, but it’s about being mindful of what you eat, staying full, and consuming fewer calories.
Calorie intake depends on three main things, age, metabolism, and levels of physical activity, among other things.
The general daily calorie intake for women is 2,000 calories per day and 2,500 for men.